I've decided that life is fast. And maybe I should slow down a little bit. Not schedule myself so tight, enjoy the little things more. Sometimes you do SO much that you miss it all. But to really "slow down" I think it might be more in your attitude and outlook, don't stress so much, spending so much time worrying about the future ruins the now. More simple faith will let you know that it's all gonna be ok. I think I should really try and take my own advice. I have this quote that is definitely up there in my top 5 favorite quotes that kind of embodies my thoughts tonight I guess;
"Learn from the past.
Prepare for the future.
LIVE in the present."
- President Monson
5 comments:
Very nice choice by adding Say to your playlist. Probably on of his best songs... Love it!
Say... nice song. I think you're really on to something with the living more fully thing. There's so much to experience and we have our whole lives to work really really hard. Why not work really really hard and enjoy it at the same time. Way to go quoting the prophet and stuff. I may actually needlepoint that on a pillow. It's worth while. I love you so much ellen mellon. I would not be the same person without you in my life. Thanks for always being there for me. All the best!
-Val
I have no words... Ellen you're incredible. You've got it all figured out love. Thanks for helping me think about what's really important. And thank you for helping me be more like what I need to be. You make me better Ellen. I love ya best friend.
I love that quote! It's kinda like:
Live and Learn. Learn and Apply.
I love the concept of living in the moment - it's so simple (and beneficial), and is something we should naturally do. Thanks for the uplifting blog :)
Thanks for your comment on my last entry. You have a really good heart if you're always trying to get to know everyone else better. Did you read Uncle T's comment? I thought it was really helpful. He said that when someone isn't spot lighting you it's telling you something about that person. I was thinking about that and the specific situation I was in. And it made me wonder if maybe that other person is hurting inside, and not loving themselves very much. Maybe they really need the listening you know? Maybe they want to love you but just haven't learned how, or they're not loving themselves very much at the time. What do you think? Any other ideas as to why people don't listen? Ell- thanks for always listening. I love you a million billion zillion- no that's not enough. it doesn't end...
Val
Post a Comment