Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stupidity, strikes one & two, laughter:)

So over the last few days I've been a little bit of an idiot, call me the absent minded professor because it's been scary. First off I locked my keys in my car, comin home from work and in a hurry to get somewhere ran inside to change out of my pioneer clothes and in my excitement didn't grab my keys. Luckily we've got an extra car around since I still haven't found my extra keys 3 days later. So that is strike one.
Strike two:
So now due to strike one, my mom and I are sharing vehicle A)minivan and vehicle B)the natural gas civic. So last night the van was out of gas, well close enough that it shouldn't go anywhere but the gas station. So I had to go some places, and then I was out for the night (frisbee and what not mmm) but as I'm out and about the gas on the civic is getting low, don't forget this car is natural gas. Oh and this car has an interesting way of showing how much gas is in it, it has these little boxes that light up and as you use the gas they decrease, so I only had 2 boxes left - thats not very many. But i'm thinking no big deal because we have a filling pump thing at my house so i'll just plug it in overnight and then my mom can take it to work in the morning. Uhh FALSE. Turns out in my forgetfulness I didn't realize that MY car (the one with the keys so lovingly locked away inside) was right in the way of getting to the pump! the cord just wasn't long enough. So I'm just thinking uh-oh. I thought about taking the civic to a gas station, but the closest one is on 90th south and i only had ONE mysterious little box of gas which I have no idea how far it will go. Well 2 hours later at 1:30 in the morning and I finally think "oh i'll just put some gas in the van!" brilliant plan but why i didn't think of it until right when i was going to bed i have NO idea. So i went the the somewhat sketchy (due to the hour) gas station and got some gas so my mom could go to work in the morning. This is all strike 2 and its aftermath.
Now we get to my solution! Only to strike 2, strike 1 is still goin nowhere - I think maybe my car just thinks she is "on holiday" and thats why she's holding the keys hostage, i don't know. Anyway strike 2 - Now that my mom has taken the van there is lots of driveway space to work with, so I got a little creative and parked the civic horizontally so it can reach the pump! (please hold the applause til the end) Yes it's a bit amazing I know, surprised me that it worked actually. It only took appoximately 7.65 minutes and just a little bit of driving on the grass. Did i mention not a scratch? yes, muy bueno. I walked away with laughter.
Now i'm just waiting/trying to mimimze the effects of, - strike three


3 comments:

Spencer said...

Way to be Ell i love you creativity sounds like something i would do. Remind me to tell you the story of turning a car around inside of my garage. It is pretty cool

Jessica Marie Hobbs said...

Wow! That is some skill! I am so glad that you took a picture!!! You rock my socks girl! Good problem solving even if it was pretty darn late at night/morning!

vallarsen49 said...

wow. This is a very nice entry! I'm glad the red car is "on holiday" she deserves a break, you guys run her ragged. I miss you--- read me blog it'll drive you NUTS!!!


P.S. one box is plenty to get to 90th from southwood, just for FR ;)

Dreams Come True!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!