Sunday, July 6, 2008

Crazy Larsen's


For so long I've had the song "Say what you need to say" on my blog.  Well I decided I really would.  So even though its a marathon post and even a touch cheesy; basically I don't care.
I'm sayin it!  :)

      Lately I have been around alot of great families and especially have been seeing how amazing the families of my closest friends are.  And truly I have learned so much from these families and feel blessed to have those opportunities and would never trade them as well as hope to have more.  But in my stupidity, I think there were instances where I would say to myself "wow I wish my family were that awesome" or "they are so strong and close and fun etc etc with whatever and I want a family like that". but ya know what - I am an idiot.  

      How could I blind myself that way?  Or maybe it would be better if I said how could I allow Satan to blind me that way?  It was no one's fault other than my own.  You see those families I admire so much are fully worthy of the admiration, but I should not have gone the route of almost "beating myself up" or "putting myself down".  The thing is that my family is incredible.  They are exactly what I need to reach my full potential, it is all catered to my strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, personality and everything I need.  They have been blessed with the qualities and gifts and tools that are most necasary for the Savior to reach me and get me to grow.  

          Do we have our weaknesses? - well duh of course we do!  Do we sometimes not know how to relax, especially while on vacation?  Do we forget to plan important things into our day - like an actual meal amidst our insane "vacation" schedule? Do we sometimes not know when to stop working? Do we try to put on these huge instrumental/musical productions that are somewhat crazy? Do we stress out over little things a little to much? Do we have some(or alot of) weird little quirks? - Yes - to ALL of the above.

BUT

Are we all close - oldest to youngest, brother, sister, inlaw, all across the board? Would we drop anything to help each other?  Do we sacrifice alot just because it will strengthen our relationships or make things easier for one another?  Do we laugh together? Remember a ridiculously large array of movie quotes?  Enjoy sharing memories? Pray together? Play together? Stay calm in the truly tough or "big" situations? Are we truly accepting of each other? Do we talk til all hours of the night, hating when we force ourselves to stop because if not we'll never quit?Do we know that if we need the help they would all turn their lives upside down for us? Do we wish we could see each other more? And have we found that our best friends are in our family? 
 
Once again, I answer all in the affirmative.

So as you can see, I was just having a moment of insanity there when I let myself forget just how great I have it.  Silly Ellen. I love my family, and thats simply all there is to it. 

After this I was thinking why are these people that I am privileged to call my family so amazing? - And the bottom line is that it all comes down to the gospel.  These choice spirits I am so blessed to have in my life are close to the spirit, they love the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  And they have been tools in His hands to teach me and help me to grow, to become more like Him.  And really could there be anything more important than that?  To this question I give a resounding and confident NO.  
So now I must say thank you.  Thank you to my amazing family for being my examples, for I have truly watched, (being the youngest has its perks) and I have learned and seen how much I want to be like all of you.  For keeping me strong, even when really I was weak.  For loving and caring and accepting me for who I truly am despite my countless shortcomings.  For being who you are, and letting me be a part of it.

And above all that thankfulness should be directed at the Lord, because he, out of his undying love, is the one who sent me my greatest blessings.  

I love you family.       -      D&C 57:14


3 comments:

vallarsen49 said...

dew. just...dew

Lindsay said...

hahahahahahaha! You are the best part of that picture! Holy cow! hahahahah You're family is awesome. I always love going to your house because of them. crazy larsens...love em

Creed said...

You are so right! I love the Larsen clan!

Dreams Come True!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!