Friday, July 11, 2008

Ode to Abigail



Oh an ode to Abigail

always with a tail to tell.

Recently you had a birthday celebration

and my response had no animation

You could say "no bueno" to my lack of note

& it might just be to late, to apologize

But if I could I'd look you in the eyes

& read this tribute to your name full with memories enough to fill a boat!

Back in the day to camp we went

finding that noodles as horses were the only way for time to be spent

Later on was the beginning of giant slumbers

Which with everyones pre-teen attitudes sometimes turned into quite the bummer.

There were girls crying in closets, fighting over films and trying to spy

but now with laughter all 15 of us think of our stupidity and just reply WHY?

Girls camp was loaded with laughs, marshmellows to the face and horses falling on my calves

When it came to pranks & snipes I was quite the wiz

& Brenda taught us what payback really is!

The best slumber, you yelled "I agree"

and when bobbing for apples no one laughed harder than me

Sonic and IKEA were the only place for ice

and trips to Great Harvest or Jamba were always so nice

We talked and drove and talked some more

That one quick turn to get to Trina's was uh . . quite the bore

Always something fun to do

Movies, pac-man, games and more all planned by you!

You staked out Scotts house when we played JUG

& lets be honest you're always first to give a hug

At first "I am not ok" was so so fun

but then when it was for real you were first to come.

Together we had Trina become one of our greatest friends

and the music thats creepin our lives will never end.

Your insights were full of truth and light at PMG

and nothing could have been better for me!

Alas now you have moved away

and I'm so glad you're not there to stay

for so often I want to call Abbey to play!

To say I've learned so much

would be the understatement of the year,

& to think of us loosing touch

would quickly bring a tear!

So all in all through this sappy, cheesy, joke of an ode

please accept this from my humble abode:

I'm sorry I missed your birthday

& I LOVE YOU!






Girls Camp - how can you not love it?














What would we do without the other half of Brookigail?










Rodeo goodness




Were so lucky - wow mom mow wom














3 comments:

abbey* said...

Awww. Thanks ell. You're the best. I loved that. Where did you get all of those pictures? I haven't seen half of them before! Funny life. I miss you lots.

Lindsay said...

hahaha that was the coolest thing ever! Holy cow I loved your Ode to Abigail. Love her, love you, love life!

Dari Orton said...

Ellen. You are freaking awesome!!!! Thats all :D

Dreams Come True!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!